EpiTech SmartSubstrate™ Controller
EpiTech has developed a new line of valve controllers that we call SmartSubstrate™. We call them SmartSubstrate™ because the touch screen interface is very easy to use, they are capable of operating as rotation or position controllers, they communicate over Ethernet (Modbus TCP) and serial (EI-BYSYNCH or Modbus RTU) protocols, and they start up in mere seconds. No other company offers a product this convenient to use. If you need a custom solution, call us or use the form at the bottom of the page.
Thoughtful Features Designed for the End User
EpiTech solutions are designed by MBE engineers to specifically address the challenges and frustrations experienced by MBE engineers in the day-to-day operations of their MBE systems. Standard features include:
- Boots in seconds
- Fast, easy, and intuitive calibration of position and rotation angle
- Zero position can be reset without having to recalibrate safe range of motion
- Backlash compensation
- Adjustable gear ratio
- Substrate position and rotation accuracy is +- 0.1 degrees
- Continuous substrate rotation rate accuracy is +- 0.01 RPM to 60 RPM
- Compact and powerful brushless AC servo motor (200 W or 400 W)
- Communicates over serial port using EI-BYSYNCH and Modbus RTU protocols
- Communicates over Ethernet port using Modbus TCP protocol
- Compatible with Molly and AMBER control software
- Touchscreen interface makes the substrate controller intuitive to use and configure
- Enable button on the front panel makes disabling the motor quick and easy
- Compact design fits in a 2U high, half rack width per axis
- Universal voltage (100 – 240VAC, 1 phase)
- 10 meter cable standard
For purchases, custom electronics, or questions, contact us directly.
Need more info? Get the full specifications:
Complete the form below to receive full specifications and operating instructions for EpiTech's SmartValve™ valve controllers. Or contact us directly to discuss how EpiTech solutions can be integrated into your MBE operations.